Wednesday 6 May 2009

The Cancellation Fear

So swine flu is a prick. Or - more accurately - the media is a prick for blowing everything out of proportion.
Right when we were ready to buy airfares it looked to us like we were going to have to postpone. And the decision was made a few times. 
Of course now its revealed that only 19 people in Mexico have died from this thing, and only 1 in the US. The generic flu screws more people than that in a week in the US than this thing has done.
Stupid media.

Anyway, its all still on. But the bad thing is that airfares have now gone up by about $200~ each which freaking bites ass. Ah well. I guess the better thing is that the AU is up to almost 75 US cents. Hopefully it keeps on going.

I've been grocery window shopping on the Walmart website. Yoo hoo is on my "to buy" list as are Ruffles. Stoked.

If I can pull off my stringent saving plan I'll have saved exactly the 7k I budgeted for the pay before we leave. And I'll get paid the first week we're away, which is another $700 odd to add to the spending money. It's all looking very good at this point, and I've got enough to book everything. Now I'm just saving for food & 'in case' money before I get onto the spending savings.

Oh, and one last thing: 60% completion on the passport. Come onnnnnnnn :D

No comments: