Wednesday 22 April 2009

Passports, the Post Office and you! A wonderfully horrid marriage...

I'm trying to organise my passport. It's simple, fill out a form, get a guarantor to sign their life away and hand in your precious documents at the Post Office. 
Aside from trying desperately to find a PO that would suit my needs (4th one's a charm), I'm also having the joyous occurance of having to have my photo taken and then have it signed by my guarantor. Great idea! I have to get my photo taken at the PO, and while I'm there I do my Passport app. AWESOME except I have to get the photo signed on the back. Jerks.
So now on the weekend I have to get my photo done, then go back to the PO during my lunch hour during the week (because no one near me does them on weekends).

Aside from these fun and games, I've been looking at air travel stuff. I found a fantastic forum - www.frequentflyer.com.au - and have found out a lot of useful information.

Heres what I'm led to believe is the Qantas listing of seat allocations.

A QF FIRST
B QF ECONOMY
C QF BUSINESS
D QF BUSINESS
E QF SHUTTLE SERVICE
F QF FIRST
H QF ECONOMY
I QF DISCOUNT BUSINESS
J QF BUSINESS
K QF ECONOMY
L QF ECONOMY
M QF ECONOMY
N QF ECONOMY
O QF ECONOMY
P QF FIRST
Q QF ECONOMY
R QF ECONOMY
S QF STANDARD
T QF ECONOMY
U QF Business - Award
V QF ECONOMY
W QF ECONOMY
X QF Economy - Award
Y QF ECONOMY
Z QF First - Award

Helps me understand what they're on about when they talk about which class they're in (because apparently they're almost plane spotting types, and saying "first" or "business" isn't cool enough for them!)

I also found a fantastic little overview of a guy's first Qantas A380 flight. Again, another planophile type. But very helpful in that regard.

I checked out the seats via the free service Seat Counter for our flight, and it looks like its pretty empty at the moment <3>
www.seatcounter.com

No comments: